Hunting enthusiasts and competitive shooters understand the importance of a quality scope. How your rifle scope performs can make a subtle difference in your escapades, which is why you shouldn’t make a skimp when searching for the best. However, when shopping, you can easily come across foreign-made scopes that don’t provide the necessary quality compared to American made scopes. To help you make the right choices, the guide below outlines some of the best American made riflescopes.
1.Trijicon VCOG Riflescope Ballistic Reticle
The Trijicon VCOG Riflescope Ballistic Reticle is the best tactical riflescope for many reasons. To begin, not all scopes are best for long-distance and close-range shooting. However, with this scope, regardless of your magnification level of choice, you will always get a clear sight.Apart from the great design, the scope comes with incredible brightness settings that enable users to adjust to prevailing conditions. Despite the risk of complexity associated with high-powered riflescopes, the Trijicon VCOG Riflescope Ballistic Reticle is impressively easy to use. You can easily mount to the gun without much hassle. The scope is also made from durable materials that assure of long-lasting use.
View on Amazon
- Red segmented circle reticle with a centered crosshair matched with 55-grain .223 loads
- First focal plane allowing the ballistic reticle to be used at any magnification
- 700 continuous hours of runtime at setting 4 or 6 with a lithium AA battery
- Waterproof to 66 feet and its illumination electronics are Mil Spec tough
- Full 90 MOA of windage and elevation adjustment available in 1/2 in/click increments at 100m
2. Leopold Mark 5HD 5-25X56mm Riflescope
The Leopold Mark 5HD 5-25X56mm Riflescope is an excellent long-range riflescope with a wide range of applications. To begin, the 5-25X magnification is an excellent setting for long-range shooting enthusiasts, especially those obsessed with high accuracy and precision.
This riflescope provides more than what you need for an ordinary hunting or range shooting, which makes it appealing for most enthusiasts. Competition shooters, for instance, will get the best from the scopes’ specifications. It provides both hyper-specific adjustment levels and the ability to see clearly in low light conditions. However, note that these high-end specifications come with a comparably high price tag.
- Leupold Model #176448 - Mark 5HD 5-25x56mm with Front Focal PR-1 MOA reticle and Matte finish
- 100% Waterproof, fog proof, & shockproof
- M1C3 Turrets - 1/4 MOA dial with three revolutions of travel, a push-button Zero Lock, and a revolution indicator
- Front Focal Plane (FFP) - The reticle magnifies along with the image, so you can estimate range at all magnification settings
- Twilight Max HD Light Management system - Adds up to 30 minutes of shooting light, best in class glare reduction, and edge to edge HD lens clarity
Leopold VX-Freedom Muzzleloader Scope
Leopold is another well-established brand in the world of riflescopes. The Leopold VX-Freedom Muzzleloader Scope is an entry-level scope available at a very affordable price range but doesn’t sacrifice on quality. Without a doubt, this scope lives up to the expected Leopold reputation.
Like other high-end riflescopes on this list, you can bet on the clear sight from this scope from all its settings. It also comes with scratch-resistant lenses coupled with glare preventing coating that help avoid accidental marks on the scope lens. You will also like the decently sized eye relief that assures of a clear and comfortable vision all times.
View on Amazon
- Model #174184 - VX-Freedom Muzzleloader 3-9x40mm with UltimateSlam reticle and Matte finish
- 100% Waterproof, fogproof, and shockproof.
- Made with 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum and punisher tested to guarantee a lifetime of performance even under harshest recoil
- Twilight Light Management System - Adds up to 10 extra minutes of shooting light and reduces glare for crisp image quality
- Precision 1/4 MOA finger click adjustments for windage and elevation offer absolute repeatability and dependability over a lifetime of extreme use
Trijicon ACOG 4x32 Scope
Trijicon manufacturers some of the best riflescopes on the market. With the first model on this list working excellently tactically, the Trijicon ACOG 4x32 Scope is a great choice for fixed power rifles. The battery-free illuminated reticle is probably the outstanding feature of this scope. With this reticle, you won’t have to worry about the battery power levels during your hunting or shooting escapades.
That said, this isn’t the only outstanding feature of this scope. You will also like the multiple reticles, which make it possible to set the scope to match your sight needs, both close and long ranges. Like the Trijicon VCOG, the Trijicon ACOG 4x32 Scope comes with impressive durability.
View on Amazon
- BATTERY-FREE ILLUMINATION: Features a tritium/fiber optic illuminated reticle that automatically adjusts the brightness based on available light
- RUGGED ALUMINUM-ALLOY HOUSING: Forged 7075-T6 aircraft-aluminum-alloy housing provides for a nearly indestructible sighting system
- “BOTH EYES OPEN” DESIGN: The ACOG can be used as a CQB sight when shooting “both eyes open,” utilizing the Bindon Aiming Concept
- COMBAT PROVEN: No other magnifed optic has been used more in combat than the ACOG
- BULLET DROP COMPENSATING & RANGING RETICLES: The Red Chevron M193 ranging reticle allows for bullet drop compensation out to 800 meters without any manual adjustments adjustments
U.S Optics TS-6X Riflescope
If you are searching for the best short-range riflescope, the U.S Optics TS-6X Riflescope should be your best scope of choice. Apart from the excellent short-range accuracy, the scope is also best for its night vision compatibility settings that handle varying light conditions. Since you will most likely use it at night, the five hundred-hour battery life won’t let you down.The U.S Optics TS-6X Riflescope also comes with reticles that give you plenty of use. You will also enjoy the convenience of the included lens caps that protect your scope when in storage or on the go. The only limitation is that the scope is comparably heavier than other scopes, which can make portability quite challenging.
View on Amazon
How to Choose the Best American Made Rifle Scope
With the wide array of options on the market, consider the following factors to find the best riflescope.
The design and construction of any scope significantly affect its performance. For instance, the size of the scope’s main tube affects the range of adjustment. You should also consider the housing and presence of mounting rings. Our choices above include various sizes that suit different user needs.
You can potentially sustain injuries if you invest in scope without proper eye relief length. As such, make sure that your riflescope of choice has a matching eye relief that suits your firearm.
Different rifles shoot varying distances, and a high-quality scope should help in zooming precisely. As such, consider how the riflescope magnifies and the distance you intend to shoot before making a purchase.
The Bottom Line
Choosing an American made riflescope makes a lot of sense. This is because most American manufacturers don’t outsource their components like overseas companies. As such, you can be sure of quality build and reliable functionality. Apart from the few factors mentioned above, you should also consider the position of the focal plane, weight, type of reticle, presence of lens coating, and size of the objective lens to find the best American made riflescope.